More doe hunting days in December

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone please clarify this for me, because it's something I've not understood since I started reading up on hunting regulations.

During deer season, you're allowed to take either sex...except on doe days, then you're only allowed to take does? Or are you not allowed to take does on any day BUT a doe day?

There are three seperate rifle seasons at this point. 1. Youth 2. Regular 3. Antlerless only

I think what your are thinking of is the regular rifle season which ussually occurs the week of Thanksgiving and the week after. During that season there are "doe days" in various areas of the state. On these days it is legal to take a deer of either sex as long as you have the proper tags (buck tag and doe tag).

The Anlterless Only season or holiday season is doe only and has been changed from two 3 day seasons to 10 straight days if I read correctly. Keep in mind that this season may not be open in all parts of the state.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom