mossberg 590a1 Hacks ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a used 590a1 from RJ's . I have a sling, sling mounts , red mount coming from gg&g . I have a Primary Arms SLX-RS10 red dot on hand . What are some hack/mods I can do to help run it better ? I have a small hang-up at the mag mouth, and the rims hangs up at time , can I radius the opening a little ? Will a Dead Mule recoil reducer help any as am turning 63 and does not take recoil like I use to .

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
opening up that loading port may be a help. I feel like recoil reducers don't do much in the way of helping. Adding weight can help slow the recoil, but that has its own downsides. Maybe get a nice recoil reducing butt pad?

Training is a big help with running the weapon and handling recoil. a few good techniques can really help with recoil, or at least managing recoil.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With my heart issues everythng is harder to do .
Needing weight is not an issue and it has a good-sized pad .
No one has any tac shotgun tips/hack to pass on ?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming you have solid points of contact and the shotgun’s length of pull, and drop fit you right, My only other advice is to consider a semi auto. Regardless of load and action mechanism my semi autos recoil considerably less than any other action type I have; and are much quicker to reacquire targets and make follow up shots. If you’re partial to the mossberg brand, I would give the 940 pro tactical a look. If you aren’t, the Beretta A300 ultima patrol and the 1301 are fantastic, smooth shooting tactical shotguns with fantastic reliability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom