Mossberg 590A1 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There was an "ABC" agency that ordered heavy barreled 18.5" 590A1's with a requirement for screwin chokes. Part of the contract feel through an the remainder were offered up to LEO's for private sales. I purchased one of these in 1998. They only came with one choke modified, so it could be used with Buck or Slug. These also have a steel frame/receiver as well as a steel trigger guard.

Message from the Mossberg collectors ass.
Yes, they did produce an accu-choke barel for the 590, but cannot give anymore detail as to which organization let the contract.

Wish I could be more helpful, but we often have difficulty tracking down this information as well.

Havlin Sales
Mossberg Collectors Association
PO Box 487
Festus, MO 63028

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, I guess Mossberg being retarded.

There was an "ABC" agency that ordered heavy barreled 18.5" 590A1's with a requirement for screwin chokes. Part of the contract feel through an the remainder were offered up to LEO's for private sales. I purchased one of these in 1998. They only came with one choke modified, so it could be used with Buck or Slug. These also have a steel frame/receiver as well as a steel trigger guard.

Yes, they did produce an accu-choke barel for the 590, but cannot give anymore detail as to which organization let the contract.

Wish I could be more helpful, but we often have difficulty tracking down this information as well.

Havlin Sales
PO Box 487
Festus, MO 63028

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Havlin Sales
PO Box 487
Festus, MO 63028

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

I have the exact same gun, also purchased in the late 90's. Mine has a speedfeed stock though.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes to both questions. There are plenty of sources for threading. Google shotgun choke installation. There is nothing that says a short barrel cannot be threaded for chokes. My SBS Ithaca has a 13" barrel, with screw in chokes.

theonetrucheese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
skeets gun shop just outside of tahlequah oklahoma can thread your barrel for a choke, i have a 20in. 590a1 i had them lengthen the forcing cone on, and he offered to back bore it and add a choke system, i declined at the time. the number for skeets is 918-456-4749. a+ work and attitude. does work comparable to the van comp system. i believe i was his first tac gun. skeets normally works on more traditional hunting guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom