mossberg tactical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never shot one but I've looked at them several times and just can't get past the cheap look. Its like Mossberg wanted an AR look and changed thier mind halfway through.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cousin bought one. He said it shoots great. I did not care for the looks as much as some of the others out. I had a S&W 15-22 that was great, and I now have a Ruger SR22 that I love. If I was ever going to get another, it would most likely be another 15-22, or the Sig 522.

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the mossberg tactical .22 is a 702 plinkster with an ar stock look. i purchased one from reddog1. i also have the standard 702plinkster. only had the tactical for a few months. it shoots great. had the standard 702 for many years and put a ton of rounds through it and NEVER had one single FTF or FTE, and since the tactical is the same platform it should answer your question. and also they are half the price of other .22 ar's

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
American Rifleman had an article on AR style .22 rifles a few issues back.

I find it funny that they devoted many paragraphs to all the other makes of Tactical .22's,,,
Yet barely gave the Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader a full paragraph.

They had nothing "bad" to say about the little rifle,,,
Yet they seemed reluctant to write the few good things they did say,,,
It's almost as if Mossberg didn't pay for a big enough advertisement in their magazine.

The Mossberg is based on their Plinkster frame,,,
My 702 Plinkster has been a flawless performer since the day I unpacked it,,,
People rag on my little rifle all the time but they shut up when it performs as well as their tricked out 10/22's.

With a 4x scope from Cabela's my 702 Plinkster is minute of soup can at 100 yards,,,
I use the cheap Federal Bulk Pack from Wal Mart and never have feed failures.

I have no personal experience with their tactical model,,,
But I would expect it to perform just as well as my 702 Plinkster.

Aarond