Most popular pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the most popular handgun caliber in Oklahoma?

• Total voters

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all my dreams, I honestly never thought a 1911 chambered in 9mm would be as popular as it is today. A 1911 should be a .45ACP. Period.
I used to think the same and wonder "why" would anyone want a 1911 in anything but 45ACP (or maybe the classic 38 Super). All my 1911's were Colts in 45ACP. Then I picked up a Dan Wesson Valor in 9mm.

Like my 1911's that are in 45ACP, the Dan Wesson in 9mm is just a fun gun to shoot. Is it more fun to shoot than my Colt 1911 Combat Commander that the late great Austin Behlert worked his magic on (top right of picture) or the Colt Concealed Carry Government Model (on the right) that are both chambered for 45ACP? Have to say, they all make me smile about the same.

If one thinks about it, "All guns are fun to shoot ... some are just funner."

Attachments

• 1911s.jpg
    1911s.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 0

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to think the same and wonder "why" would anyone want a 1911 in anything but 45ACP (or maybe the classic 38 Super). All my 1911's were Colts in 45ACP. Then I picked up a Dan Wesson Valor in 9mm.

Like my 1911's that are in 45ACP, the Dan Wesson in 9mm is just a fun gun to shoot. Is it more fun to shoot than my Colt 1911 Combat Commander that the late great Austin Behlert worked his magic on (top right of picture) or the Colt Concealed Carry Government Model (on the right) that are both chambered for 45ACP? Have to say, they all make me smile about the same.

If one thinks about it, "All guns are fun to shoot ... some are just funner."
I do not own any 1911s, but I own one that literally looks and feels like a clone. It’s Star 9mm. Made in Spain. Amazing condition. Original box/papers/cleaning rod/ 2 mags. Got it in a trade. Put one mag through it and it’s been a safe Queen ever since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom