Mountain man scares owners of remote Utah cabins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — He's eluded authorities for more than five years, a mountain man who roams the wilderness of southern Utah, breaking into remote cabins in winter, living in luxury off hot food, alcohol and coffee before stealing provisions and vanishing into the woods.

Investigators have clawed for clues, scouring cabins for fingerprints that match no one and chasing reports of brief encounters only to come up short, always a step behind the mysterious recluse.

They've found abandoned camps, dozens of guns, high-end outdoor gear stolen from the homes and trash strewn around the forest floor.

For complete article:
http://news.yahoo.com/mountain-man-scares-owners-remote-utah-cabins-090722480.html

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why are they scared? He is obviously trying to avoid them. WTF is wrong with people??

I'd sure be pissed if he got any of my guns ... And I'd sit for months and months in a cold, dark cabin to catch his hairy arse to get them back ... just saying ...

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the only thing that I think people need to be afraid of is accidentally coming home while he is there. That seems like it could end badly. One thing cabin owners could do would be agree to live in their cabins full time in the winter so this guy has no where warm to go that is un-inhabited and he'd freeze to death.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the only thing that I think people need to be afraid of is accidentally coming home while he is there. That seems like it could end badly. One thing cabin owners could do would be agree to live in their cabins full time in the winter so this guy has no where warm to go that is un-inhabited and he'd freeze to death.

Or he'd kill and eat them for invading "his" warm winter quarters...hmmm....maybe I've watched too many cheesy horror films

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why are they scared? He is obviously trying to avoid them. WTF is wrong with people??

I'd sure be pissed if he got any of my guns ... And I'd sit for months and months in a cold, dark cabin to catch his hairy arse to get them back ... just saying ...

How do you know his arse is hairy? Curious mind here...

Latest posts

Top Bottom