What is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
209 primer and foam ear plugs are good indoor load.

Tear ear plug in half. Insert half into brass, push to bottom. Add a pinch of salt. Top with other half of ear plug.

Be alert to ATF agents, you have made a fly a salt weapon. Works great on wasp nests, too

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been using the pistol loads drilled for 209 primers for years. Wax and plastic bullets with no powder.
One can buy plastic bullets from Speer I think it is for most of the calibers that work very well for indoor practice.
I did a pic heavy report on pistol rounds converted as well as a .223 rifle round converted so a .22 cal pellet could be fired through an AR.
The 209 primer will put a pellet completely through a 2X4 with very little noise. It would make a good garden gun for pests at close range.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y’all are making me go down a rabbit hole 🙂
It's a fun way to shoot. Those 209 primers carry a lot of power and are quiet.
I'm going to try a different .223 cartridge for the pellets. It has a brass base and composite case.
I can't easily press a .22 pellet into the neck, so it won't need to be resized, just figure out a way to get it in there. Maybe heat?
The brass case mouths on .223 gets stretched out when firing, so I just used a really sharp punch to put a little dimple in the base of the neck so the pellet wouldn't fall through into the case.
Resizing one won't allow the pellet to be inserted.

Zachrankin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a fun way to shoot. Those 209 primers carry a lot of power and are quiet.
I'm going to try a different .223 cartridge for the pellets. It has a brass base and composite case.
I can't easily press a .22 pellet into the neck, so it won't need to be resized, just figure out a way to get it in there. Maybe heat?
The brass case mouths on .223 gets stretched out when firing, so I just used a really sharp punch to put a little dimple in the base of the neck so the pellet wouldn't fall through into the case.
Resizing one won't allow the pellet to be inserted.
Since I’m on vacation with nothing to do, think I’ll spend some time in the reloading room tomorrow exploring

Latest posts

Top Bottom