Mountain oysters.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
man this thread got me to fiending for some..gonna have to try out cattlemans, or tobys. worst case scenario i can eat mommas steak if the fry's aren't any good. Thanks for the tip gents.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'll have to make a list of these places. i have had them a few places, but not at any place in this thread. they were good everywhere i have had them, but not as good as home cooked. best i have had were at the Vinita calf fry. 20+ cooks, each cooking them a different way. you're bound to find some you like there. best cut of meat there is.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clicks steak house in Pawnee has them at times on their lunch buffet..As far as the Morrison calf fry..I have helped cook them several times at Morrison. Most years we would cook well over 1500 pounds and still run out.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty sure all of the italian restaurants in Krebs Ok has them. Pete's Place as already mentioned. I know Roseanna's and Gia Comos does also. I think the Isle of Capri does too. Cattleman's in OkC has good ones almost the as good as Krebs. I think Baker's in Muskogee did many, many moons ago.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ate calf fries frequently when I was a kid. Loved 'em. They were free, a bi-product of working calves. Have never ordered any in a restaurant, and am not quite sure why. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom