MTAC Mod...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've been considering going with the MTAC for a little bit now & am concerned about the clip/tab/whatever it's called that comes with it... I've heard several accounts of how these are unreliable and can result in drawing the entire holster with the gun at times...

Now all I've used are pull-the-dot loops so I don't have the first hand experience with the attachments of the MTAC...

I've owned Ravens, Blade-Tech, & a Galco Royal Guard... The move to the MTAC is a compromise of leather comfort with kydex speed that 'm looking for, but the clip things are turning me off from it... This is what I'm wanting to know (finally right?!?)....

Has anyone attempted to put pull-the-dot loops on their MTAC?!? I would personaly use the tuckable loops pictured below that were on my Raven if I went this route...

[Broken External Image]

What do Y'all think?!?

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks interesting, but after having my CTAC(same clips the MTAC has) for a while, I don't see the whole holster coming out. I do drills here and there and if you keep enough tension on your belt(not like squeezing the life out of you or anything), it's fine. Occasionally ya need to make sure they're still clipped OVER the belt and haven't slipped, but thats usually after sitting down and shifting around a lot. That's my only complaint, they hold fine otherwise.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's another liability to me then because if I'm constantly having to make sure the clips are over my belt then it canpossibly give away my concealment... That's the biggest thing I love about loops is once they're snapped they aren't coming off unless there's a great deal of force applied to them...

Shoot my Raven I had to take a flathead to to get them apart for the first little while...

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a CTAC and a MTAC. I did have a clip break on my MTAC after about 4 years. It broke while I was taking it off with a thick belt and waistband on the pants. I also had not been careful at all when pulling them out to take them off. I doubt if they would break while drawing. They were also very good about shipping replacements very quick and with no charge.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used an MTAC for just shy of a year and have never had any issues whatsoever with it coming loose, even through multiple shooting classes and my own drawing practice.

If you don't like the thought of using their "J" clips, they offer "C" clips which encircle most of the belt (as you can imagine), as well as velcro lined clips, if the inside of your belt is lined with velcro.

All in all, I have complete confidence in my MTAC, and can't imagine trading it for a different IWB holster.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually The Infidel comes with the loops,just doesnt have the leather backing, Kinda looks like my Botach.
I use a Crossbreed, no experience with the MTach.
No problems with the clips, just make sure your belt is stiff, not too thick or wide. There is a clip for 1.75 belts
I am considering ordering one for my M&P 40, because of the interchangeable bodies.
Im still trying to find The Perfect Holster:friday:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't like the thought of using their "J" clips, they offer "C" clips which encircle most of the belt (as you can imagine), as well as velcro lined clips, if the inside of your belt is lined with velcro.

All in all, I have complete confidence in my MTAC, and can't imagine trading it for a different IWB holster.

This. :werd:

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im still trying to find The Perfect Holster:friday:

In my research for the right holster for me, I hear this said very frequently. I'm gonna take a shot at the MTAC. I appears to have all the features I want: cantable, adjustable retention and ride depth along with the comfort of leather and durability of kydex. Extra clips are $17, so gonna order with the J clips and extra set of C clips to see what I like best. Worst case, it sucks and I live with it until I can try the Crossbreed. Good luck Bravoone!

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure the perfect holster doesn't exist LOL

I've considered the SuperTuck by CrossBreed as well, but like Fireproof said the MTAC has adjustable tension which is a huge thing for me as I have kiddos & also like to train hard & don't wanna reach for my holster & it's not there because it flew outta the holster...

Also CrossBreed has a 2 weeks trial period to use their product...

Really wish I could just get my hands on both & field them for about a week a piece to see how they are on me personally...

Latest posts

Top Bottom