My First Hunt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well folks, thanks to DrTadHusseinWinslow [sic?] I went on my first official outing with the sole intention to hunt an animal. It was last Saturday. (I actually posted this but it was lost in the move of the server) We headed out to a beautiful area that must be some sort of animal highway based on all the tracks that were out there. Hog, Deer, Coyotes etc all around from what it seemed. Did not see anything but had a great time. I have never heard so many coyotes howling at once.

We were out pre dawn at around 15 degrees or so. Cold, dark morning. Here is a shot of me dressed as the hog ninja!
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_HuntingTrip1005.jpg

Found a nice tree to sit near in the fancy chair Dan brought for me. :D It was cold but after shoving a hand warmer in my boots I was toasty!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_HuntingTrip1008.jpg

The river froze.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_HuntingTrip1016.jpg

Tracks were literally everywhere. Some were like a train of animals.
Nice pics here.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_HuntingTrip1035.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_HuntingTrip1038.jpg

I am thinking of adding a feeder out there and a camera to get some shots of whats around. There are obviously lots of animals around and what looks to be some large hogs.

Had a wonderful time for my first outing and I look forward to doing it again. I don't know what I will do with it if I get a hog but we shall see.

I may even try Deer season. :fullauto: Not sure I could shoot a deer. Unless it was coming after me that is. :loser: They are so cute!

Thanks again Dan!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great pics man! Sorry you didn't get to shoot at anything. Keep going and you will see all kinds of critters and maybe get a bonus and kill one. Isn't is just beautiful being out there though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may even try Deer season. :fullauto: Not sure I could shoot a deer. Unless it was coming after me that is. :loser: They are so cute!

Thanks again Dan!

Welcome to the brotherhood of hunters.:D
Its not if you kill something, its the quality of the hunt.:D

Spending time in adverse conditions, when the wussies are whining about it, and observing wildlife at its best, brings out the best in a person. Jobs, other problems, seem to melt away when your one on one with Mother Nature.

As far as shooting a deer, just remember they cause more damage every year than all of the hurricanes combined, to farmers, autos, insurance companies, etc, and they taste pretty darned good.:D
Hunters are the only way to control them.
Tree hugger societies have tried the relocation/trapping thing, as well as birth control schemes, and guess what.....none of them has worked.
Hunters are the only answer.
Pig hunters do the total environment a favor, so one can consider them self to be an "environmentalist" when hunting feral hogs.
I could go on, but I'm thinking your getting my drift:D

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well folks, thanks to DrTadHusseinWinslow [sic?] I went on my first official outing with the sole intention to hunt an animal. It was last Saturday. (I actually posted this but it was lost in the move of the server) We headed out to a beautiful area that must be some sort of animal highway based on all the tracks that were out there. Hog, Deer, Coyotes etc all around from what it seemed. Did not see anything but had a great time. I have never heard so many coyotes howling at once.

We were out pre dawn at around 15 degrees or so. Cold, dark morning. Here is a shot of me dressed as the hog ninja!
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_HuntingTrip1005.jpg

Found a nice tree to sit near in the fancy chair Dan brought for me. :D It was cold but after shoving a hand warmer in my boots I was toasty!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_HuntingTrip1008.jpg

The river froze.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_HuntingTrip1016.jpg

Tracks were literally everywhere. Some were like a train of animals.
Nice pics here.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_HuntingTrip1035.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_HuntingTrip1038.jpg

I am thinking of adding a feeder out there and a camera to get some shots of whats around. There are obviously lots of animals around and what looks to be some large hogs.

Had a wonderful time for my first outing and I look forward to doing it again. I don't know what I will do with it if I get a hog but we shall see.

Thanks again Dan!

Mind if I ask where you guys went? Was it your property? You mentioned putting up a feeder and camera.....

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mind if I ask where you guys went? Was it your property? You mentioned putting up a feeder and camera.....

Don't mind at all. Area near Chandler. Leased parcel there. 260 or 360 acres. Don't recall but it seems huge to me. Much larger than my little 20 acres. I feel torn between the two though.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Monkey, nice pics! I do enjoy sitting in the woods. Several times I've passed up shots because watching an animal is as much fun as killing. I predominately hunt coyotes and just watching one come running in looking for something to eat does get the blood pumping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom