My First IWB Hybrid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copper Creek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK - just finished my second hybrid IWB. This was made for a Glock 23. I attached a few different angles. All suggestions that could make this better are welcomed as I have just started tinkering with these. Cheers.

Attachments

• 038 - Copy.JPG
    038 - Copy.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 019 - Copy.JPG
    019 - Copy.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 026 - Copy.JPG
    026 - Copy.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 032 - Copy.JPG
    032 - Copy.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 182

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the folks on this board have made some nice ones. Nothing that looks as good as yours though. A couple do have variable cant. Very helpful for fat fellas like me. Plus my favorite carry piece doesn't fit anything well. Currently use a Don Hume PCCH for a PT111. The slide sticks out the end and jabs me in the thigh. Most uncomfortable for all day carry. Anyway... go have a look. They are doing some odd things. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=628104&page=1

Plinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suggestion:
How about cutting more holes for the belt loop attachment point that would allow the wearer to adjust the ride up and down and the cant as well?

Again, nice work there.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have acquired the leather, hardware, stain and finish. Kydex is in route and I have all the parts for a home made vacuum former. Wife is going to take pictures of progress and will post here. My make a video of the forming process but will have to wait an see. Can't wait to get started.

Incidentally I tried to get kydex locally (OKC) and the only people that carry it seemed put out that I would asked for it. They said the only reason they stock it is for a local holster maker and that they were out of the black stuff. All they had was grey and it was .093 which I assume is a bit too heavy for a concealment rig. Is there an alternate material that has the same properties as kydex? I searched but couldn't find anything.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have acquired the leather, hardware, stain and finish. Kydex is in route and I have all the parts for a home made vacuum former. Wife is going to take pictures of progress and will post here. My make a video of the forming process but will have to wait an see. Can't wait to get started.

Incidentally I tried to get kydex locally (OKC) and the only people that carry it seemed put out that I would asked for it. They said the only reason they stock it is for a local holster maker and that they were out of the black stuff. All they had was grey and it was .093 which I assume is a bit too heavy for a concealment rig. Is there an alternate material that has the same properties as kydex? I searched but couldn't find anything.

Ah. Concealx is out there but I am surprised that there isn't a cheaper alternative out there.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead of going commercial with complete rigs why not offer kits. Kinda like Tandy except for concealment. Tandy only offers open carry rigs. I though about coming up with a way for folks to create pugs of their own and send them in so that a piece of kydex, or whatever the material of the day is, so that a blank could be vacuum formed and sent back with the kit. Figure the kits could run in the neighborhood of 50 bucks. You get a better holster for not much more cash.

Incidentally I got my vacuum form box built and the kydex arrived. Hope to start this coming weekend. Plan on doing some tests with polyprop sheets first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom