my first time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I sold my first ar-15 i ever owned on monday, rush ordered the parts for my first ar-15 i would build for myself. all the parts for the lower arrived on time today, but ups failed and let me down. They marked my tracking number as delivered with a note "garage", on it; yet i did not receive my package. so pretty much summed up, i have no idea where the components for my american spirit arms upper is. but i figure i can add photos when i get it. also, sorry i do not have a nice or even decent camera by todays standards, the iphone will have to do.

ai1109.photobucket.com_albums_h428_okwrk871_IMG_0116.jpg

ai1109.photobucket.com_albums_h428_okwrk871_IMG_0117.jpg

ai1109.photobucket.com_albums_h428_okwrk871_IMG_0118.jpg

they call me tuesday afternoon with the "good news, bad news" thing. they sold out of my lower after i had placed the order, so they upgraded me for free to the exact same lower only with ambi bolt release. win! he also said that i was in luck because they had just got these in, i guess they just hit the market form what i understood. win win!

ai1109.photobucket.com_albums_h428_okwrk871_IMG_0120.jpg

ai1109.photobucket.com_albums_h428_okwrk871_IMG_0121.jpg

i am very very impressed with this lower, the bolt release pin isn't the typical rolled pin you have to tape or risk scuffing the crud out of the lower to beat into place, its actually an allen wrench screw in pin, took forever with paranoid quarter turns, but worth it. now that i have the ambi bolt relase, my next plans for the lower are to get an ambi bolt release and save up and get the mega llc trigger.

thanks for looking, i will post progress as it comes along. hopefully they find my upper tomorrow and i get to play with it. ;)

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Ambi-Bolt Release might just talk me into getting a Mega Billet lower - I've been eye-balling them for a while, but an Ambi-Bolt release eliminates the need for a Magpul BAD Lever or similar and allows for super-fast clear of malfunctions.

I'd love to handle that lower in person. BTW, where did you order?

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i ordered mine from http://www.rainierarms.com/

i am very impressed with the whole lower. and the ambi bolt release functions very well. i am right handed so i am actually not using it as a lefty would, but i found i can just hit it with my right index finger as i am holding it normally and it releases easily, very well conserved system. the lower also had this little hex head screw with a green plastic tit on the end of it, i found where it goes but am not sure what its for and i know its not on most lowers. i think its some sort of a tension thing for the rear upper lower connection pin.. dunno. i had already put the grip on before i realized where it went and it did not have instructions about it. so i just left it out for now.

BigDiezel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice Lower ! Looks like my POF Gen 3 with the same features. And the guys at Rainier are top notch ! Post pics when you get her finished up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom