Nancy is in a no fly zone? Hope she sent a body double 😳

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read to the bottom of the article. They're grounded too.

The Navy and Marine Corps have also stopped flying F-35B and F-35C jets while investigations are ongoing. Each aircraft will be inspected before its next flight rather than in batches over three months.
You can bet your hat the F-35B's on the Tripoli right now, have already been checked and cleared to fly.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The navy and marines F35B are not grounded as they’ve gone though 90% of them, can’t speak for the Air Force maybe they are just slow or it’s old info.

From the original article I posted.

Aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) and big deck amphibious ship USS Tripoli(LHA-7), with Marine F-35B Lighting II Joint Strike Fighters embarked, are operating in the vicinity of Taiwan, on the edge of the South China Sea ahead of a Western Pacific visit from U.S. House Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to the region, according to the Aug. 1 edition of the USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker. An earlier version of this post indicated USS America (LHA-6) was underway but it is in port in Sasebo, Japan, U.S. Pacific Fleet told USNI News on Monday afternoon.

“Currently, Marine Corps F-35Bs are not grounded, and over 90 percent of the inspections on Marine Corps ejection seat cartridge actuating devices are now complete,” Marine Maj. Jay Hernandez told USNI News on Friday.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
The navy and marines F35B are not grounded as they’ve gone though 90% of them, can’t speak for the Air Force maybe they are just slow or it’s old info.

Aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) and big deck amphibious ship USS Tripoli(LHA-7), with Marine F-35B Lighting II Joint Strike Fighters embarked, are operating in the vicinity of Taiwan, on the edge of the South China Sea ahead of a Western Pacific visit from U.S. House Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to the region, according to the Aug. 1 edition of the USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker. An earlier version of this post indicated USS America (LHA-6) was underway but it is in port in Sasebo, Japan, U.S. Pacific Fleet told USNI News on Monday afternoon.

“Currently, Marine Corps F-35Bs are not grounded, and over 90 pe of the inspections on Marine Corps ejection seat cartridge actuating devices are now complete,” Marine Maj. Jay Hernandez told USNI News on Friday.

“Currently, Marine Corps F-35Bs are not grounded, and over 90 percent of the inspections on Marine Corps ejection seat cartridge actuating devices are now complete,” Marine Maj. Jay Hernandez told USNI News on Friday.
I mean that's awesome. They predicted it would take months (by October to go through them given the lack of experienced personnel and the general low numbers of aviation people) and they got it done in three days (the dates between the articles). Good on them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the first thing I ever recall Pelosi doing that, at first glance, I like. What bothers me is, "why"? What's her angle? What are we not seeing?

People from both sides of the aisle too often jump for joy when a politician does something they happen to like, without trying to understand the motives behind it.

Matt
She’s just taking a farewell tour of the Far East on the taxpayer’s dime because she knows she’s out in November and will probably retire or be forced out of any position as a minority leader by the squad.
Foreign diplomacy is not in her wheelhouse of responsibility even though she is #2 in line.
She’s not the first member of the house that taken junkets overseas on meaningless excuses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom