Need help on Scope for my 10/22.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What distances are you going to typically shoot your .22 at?

Rimfire scopes have a different focal plane (50 yards) than that of center fire scopes (100 yds) if the focal plane is fixed. Some scopes have an adjustable focal plane.

From what I've read Parallax becomes a bigger factor shooting shorter distances with a scope with a 100 yard focal plane.

I like all the Primary Arms branded products I've seen and have. I think they are a good value for the money.

I have been looking at this Nikon since it is made for rimfire and has an adjustable focal plane setting from 10 yards to infinity.

http://swfa.com/Nikon-3-9x40-ProStaff-Target-EFR-Rimfire-Scope-P51957.aspx

Something like this may work for you too.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the BSA sweet22 series. Not the best glass, but accurate with the right setup. Ie, scope height, grain weight, velocity. Quick adjust "tactical" type turrets. Won't break the bank

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What distances are you going to typically shoot your .22 at?

Rimfire scopes have a different focal plane (50 yards) than that of center fire scopes (100 yds) if the focal plane is fixed. Some scopes have an adjustable focal plane.

From what I've read Parallax becomes a bigger factor shooting shorter distances with a scope with a 100 yard focal plane.

I like all the Primary Arms branded products I've seen and have. I think they are a good value for the money.

I have been looking at this Nikon since it is made for rimfire and has an adjustable focal plane setting from 10 yards to infinity.

http://swfa.com/Nikon-3-9x40-ProStaff-Target-EFR-Rimfire-Scope-P51957.aspx

Something like this may work for you too.

I don't see myself shooting the rifle more than 100 yards. I have other rifles for that. I like this Nikon. I guess there are so many choices out there I just want to be happy with what I purchase and I have not found one PA product that disappointed me.

shortyokc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a nikon prostaff 3-9 x 40mm bdc 150 on my 10/22 that has the archangel nomad kit on it and really like the scope. clear good glass, solid build, and really like the zeroing turrets. right now they also have a $30 rebate. my friend runs the bsa sweet .22 which he likes and seems like a good alternative for about 1/2 the price of the nikon

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on a Nikon 3x9, I almost got the Prostaff but went with Buckmaster instead. If your just plinking and target shooting it's always fun to have that nice of a magnification to try to keep your groups as close as possible.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last I checked the Weaver rimfires were made in Japan and in your price range. Good scopes for the money. Have owned several and currently own one.

I have found a high quality red dot a lot of fun on my 10/22. Sightron with four different reticles and lifetime warranty.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00395.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom