Needing Imperial sizing wax

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did a little test with the hornady unique case lube and some very hard to size LC .308 cases
I used imperial sizing die wax and the Hornady Unique case lube in the plastic tup.
The Hornady Unique seemed just a bit better.
Have you tried it.
I would call sears in elreno and H&H

jhopkins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't called Gene Sears but I looked for it on their website and they didn't have it on there. I was told I could also use mink oil. H&H is out of Imperial and don't know when or if they will get more in. I have seen the Hornady stuff at BassPro and thought about trying it. I need to neck down some 6.8 SPC brass to 6mm and was told that Imperial was the best to use. I have never necked down brass so I wanted to use the Imperial since that is what was recommended, butI will probably just go and pick up some Hornady today.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made many .308 cases from 270 brass and the Hornady lube worked.
That was a tough job. annealed after cutting down..
I have made .308 from a lot of different kinds of brass.

You may notice a bit of a funny looking shoulder after forming certain cases from other cases, it may look not perfectly round. no worries there, after shooting it will fill out.
You may already have seen this though.

Bowler7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy on the NW side just of 63rd had it the last time I was there a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I either use Imperial sizing wax or Royal Case and Die Lube which comes in a larger container. The only difference between the two is the nice smell of the Royal Lube. I started using them while trying to resize 50 Caliber pulled Armor Piercing Incendiary bullets and found that the Lee lube that comes with the sizing die didn't work at all. Now I use them on my lube pad and even for lubing triggers. Great stuff. I first purchased Imperial sizing wax at H&H but recently have gone to getting them on line. The Royal comes in a larger container and I promise you will like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom