New 7.62 x 39 AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr0fezz0r

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my latest build...

Attachments

• 075a.jpg
    075a.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 296
  • 076a.jpg
    076a.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 272

leardriver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just acquired a DPMS 7.62x39 upper. Had to order magazines, since none were included; they should arrive tomorrow, according to the tracking data.

Here's my question: Will I be able to shoot the less expensive ammo... like Wolf, Barnaul, Golden Tiger, and other non-brass cases? Or, can the AR machinery only handle the more expensive brass cases?

I'll post a photo when everything is ready to go.

Thanks,

Cap'n Bill

pr0fezz0r

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have only had it out once and I shot a lot of scrap ammo I had laying around, but I mainly shot Monarch from Academy and it functioned just fine with all ammo. The only thing is I bought my 30 rd mags from c-products if I put the full 30 rds in them I got stove pipes on the 1st few rds but when I dropped down rd count down to 25 rds Smooth as Silk...
I love it... Looking to get a 20 in upper very soon..

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my question: Will I be able to shoot the less expensive ammo... like Wolf, Barnaul, Golden Tiger, and other non-brass cases? Or, can the AR machinery only handle the more expensive brass cases?

I've seen quite a few people feed their AR's coated (lacquer or whatever other polymer they use) steel cases with no issues. I've also heard a lot of relatively quick fire that would cause the chamber to heat up can cause the coating on the cases to slowly gum it up over time. Don't quote me on that last one, but I can't imagine it couldn't be solved with a good cleaning and a chamber brush.

Latest posts

Top Bottom