New Cedar Point Roller Coaster Will Shatter 10 World Records Next Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Tallest dive coaster (223 feet)
2. Fastest dive coaster (75 mph)
3. Longest dive coaster (3,415 feet)
4. Most inversions on a dive coaster (three)
5. Longest drop on a dive coaster (214 feet)
6. Highest inversion on a dive coaster (165 feet)
7. Most roller coasters taller than 200 feet at one amusement park (5)
8. Most rides at one amusement park (72)
9. Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (52,125 feet/9.9 miles)
10. Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,110 feet/11.4 miles)

Here's what it will look like

Here's the panoramic version, you can look around whichever direction you want to

Last edited by a moderator:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was that eight-across seating?? Imagine the engineering that had to go into making the center-mounted track resistant to the immense torsional forces imparted by that wide a load!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is one way I will never die. This is it.
That's 2 of us then Dennis.
I can't ride those things. That one would probably give me a heart attack.

I can't believe they are going to dangle riders over the edge like that and allow them stare at their own deaths for several seconds before dropping them. :bigeye:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK now there is 3 things if i die from someone better call for a big investigation, 1 is suicide( not happening) 2 airplane crash ( the only way is if the plane hits me on the head when it fell) and this (not happening).

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love roller coasters, would ride this in a heartbeat. I think it is also one of the ones with the steepest dive hill. I know there are some coasters that go vertical but most of those are powered launch systems.

Used to go to Valley Fair in the Minneapolis area and rode all the coasters there, Paramount's Kings Island (now sold to another company)in Cincinnati as well as Paramount's Great America (Also sold was featured in beverly hills cop 3 though) in California, World's of Fun in KCMO and Adventureland in Des Moines IA. Disneyworld was interesting but the coasters were not really fast but still fun.

Have thought about getting a couple season passes to six flags and the Cedar Fair company and just going on a theme park tour one year to hit everything I can.

In Cincinnati I rode a coaster called "Son of Beast" HUGGEE wooden coaster with an inversion loop, which has actually been dismantled due to some safety issues.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Son of Beast ride looks awesome!

It was. First downhill was massive. But the material just could not hold up to the stresses involved. I actually was able to ride it with the loop in place. Was a short lived roller coaster though, most last 50 years. That one didn't even make it ten.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom