This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZIM

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello. I am a new member. I have been a tulsa resident for about 20 years. Owned some guns off and on most of my life, but now that I am a family man, it's time to start training the rest of the family.
I'm interested on some advice on a good starter rifle. Been looking at some Ruger 10/22's. What do you guys think?

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OK Shooters!

There are several affordable / dependable .22 rifles out there but I think Ruger has the most potential with all of the available accessories.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's time to start training the rest of the family.

I start kids out on a bolt action .22 so they will look at each shot and learn the fundamentals rather than yanking the trigger on a semi as fast as they can. After they become good shots then I let them try the semi auto.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditto in favor of the single shots in favor of a semi auto. For youngsters under age 12 or so I prefer letting them use a scope preference to irons. They can align the scope well before they can use irons properly. Irons can and must come later. Youngsters will yank the trigger too fast on even a bolt repeater unless you limit the means of firing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom