New Pistol themed drum set

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The name of the band I play in is Mister Pistol, so I thought an appropriate drum set for the band would be a pistol theme. I designed them in black satin with a black ring around the center that features a Nighthawk T3 design. The rest of each drum has an exploded view of a 1911. Our NYE show was their debut, here are some pics from before the show with my crappy camera.

For the Musos this is kind of a Frankenstein kit. The rack toms and snare are Tama Starclassic Birch. The kick and floor tom are Mapex Maple. Kit sizes are 14x5.5 snare, 24x18 Kick, 10, 12, 14, 16 toms (the 14 is not shown) Paiste signature ride cymbal, Zildjian Z crashes 14, 17, 19. Sabian Splash & China. Hi Hats are Zildjian (Z bottom hat, quick beat top) All topped off with a Pearl icon curved rack, click station, Roland SPD-S (for loops, samples, Kick & Snare triggers) & a tambourine.
Hope you like.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Here's a close up shot of the floor tom where you can see more of the design.

[Broken External Image]

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like your thinkin! Maple for lows and birch for the brighter range. I bet it sounds pretty dang good, especially with a 24" kick. Oh, the 1911 patterns are totally cool too!

(I love guns but drums have been in my blood for close to 30 years)

Latest posts

Top Bottom