New Scotch.... can't wait!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laphroaig, yes... and Lagavulin! Lagavulin was the first really peaty Scotch I tried. I found the flavor fascinating, but figured I'd like one that is not quite that overpowering. This year I tried Cragganmore 12, and find it to be about the perfect balance. Plenty of peat... I'd say "medium"... but not enough to overpower all the other good flavors it has.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm getting one of those sample packs tomorrow. Going to really do the taste test. I know it's an acquired skill, but I am determined to see if I can tell a difference right off the bat. Not going to add water, but I did consider it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm getting one of those sample packs tomorrow. Going to really do the taste test. I know it's an acquired skill, but I am determined to see if I can tell a difference right off the bat. Not going to add water, but I did consider it.

A little water can break up some of the harshness for those "uninitiated". Don't discount the value.

And pass along my deepest regards to your B.O.B. ;)

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from Durant. The 1st place I stopped at was Durant Discount Liqour, that may not have been the exact name, but it was something Discount Liquor, off Main Street near Hwy 69. So I pulled up in front of it in the pickup truck and parked exactly right in front of a gun buster sign.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Power to you brother!!!

I have tried and tried to like Scotch...but it ain't gonna happen. I did drink some Aberfeldy..wasn't bad and I can drink blended Scotch...well some of it..like Johnny Walker.

Hope you enjoy it!! Now, what smoke is being paired with your Scotch?? Can I recommend a Montecristo #2...Cuban of course.

That's about as original as giving money for birthday presents!

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not know you were a fan of the Grouse! That is my favorite blended of all. This Snow Grouse you speak of, I have not heard of.

I have drank The Bird for years. I'm ok with leftover Macallan for the low price. I have started several new scotch drinkers on it. The Reserve is good, and there is also a Black.

Latest posts

Top Bottom