New years traditions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every year we have hog jowl and purple hull peas( I know it's supposed to be black eyed peas) but they are dry tasting to me.
On our menu today is home grown corn on the cobb, purple hull peas, fried okra, fresh bell pepper, fresh carrots, home cured hog jowl and deviled eggs from our own chickens. Everything on my plate is what I have produced.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are having the traditional black eyed peas with ham, bacon, onion and fresh garlic. Green chili chicken/sausage soup with several other ingredients along with cornbread.
Several friends are coming over tonight promising to bring horse divers.(there’s some French name for horse divers but I can’t spell it)😂

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always had black eyes on new year day. A PA Dutch buddy of mine says we aren't supposed to eat fowl or our luck will be foul. Also says we're supposed to eat hog because they always root forward.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have lunch with a bunch of friends at China Garden, a very good and authentic family run Chinese restaurant (if you like spicy food, it is the place to be!). Then for dinner we had black eyed peas cooked with bacon and onions and cabbage that is also cooked with bacon and onions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom