NEWBEE here, got questions and comments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 3rd Gen Smiths are clunky, but they're tanks. I very much don't like the mag disconnect and its usually the first thing I check for in a gun (dry-fire without the mag in the gun to see if it will shoot that way or not).

The alloy models with stainless slides are almost indestructible and they seem reliable enough to be carried with confidence. I prefer metal guns to plastic guns, but I've got no problems with an M&P, Glock, etc...

If you're carrying it - an alloy-framed compact Smith 3rd gen is definitely a good deal for the money (and its not like there aren't enough accessories, holsters, etc... out there for them).

They're the Chevy 350 of the gun world - you can't spit without hitting something that has to do with them.

Punisher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a 1911.

I carried a 1911 in the army many many years ago. And altho I did manage to qualify with them, I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with them. But I could spray it with dirt. And thats when a 3lb trigger pull.

I always anticipated the recoil and would push the barrel down... I dont do that with a 9mm and hopefully not with a 40cal.