Newly Interested In CZ Handguns, What Is Your Opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never shot the SP-01, but I can tell you the 75B is a fine pistol.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v23_hberttmank_cz75B.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my CZs. I don't carry them...my Glocks just beat them as far as being lightweight and small...but I have a Pre-B, cold war CZ-75 that I bought in Europe in the 80s and a CZ P01 that pulls duty in the bedside safe.

Built like a tank, good ergonomics, high capacity and uber-reliable.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew I could count on you guys to ignite the gun fever, especially those of you who attached the gun pron to seal the deal lol. Like Ripnbst mentioned, it comes down to getting my hands on one.

gunmut

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a big CZ fan, been buying them for 20 years. the SP-01 is a great gun equal to the 75 in every way. It does add some weight but the rail gives you the option to add a light. Very good house gun, the capacity is 19 rounds. New they are bringing close to $700, take your time and you can find them at gun shows in as new condition for the $500 range.
I have never had a function issue with a CZ 75 be it the original or SP01, compact, P01, P06.

People rave over the CZ 75B however, Im a sucker for the more "modern" looking CZ SP-01. Im leaning toward the SP-01 simply because I prefer its aesthetics but I wonder if the 75B is a superior firearm, if so I would go that route instead. Also are there any differences in performance between the sp-01 phantom and sp-01?

If there is a CZ forum I will probably snoop around there one of these days. Thanks for the help OSA.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a big CZ fan, been buying them for 20 years. the SP-01 is a great gun equal to the 75 in every way. It does add some weight but the rail gives you the option to add a light. Very good house gun, the capacity is 19 rounds. New they are bringing close to $700, take your time and you can find them at gun shows in as new condition for the $500 range.
I have never had a function issue with a CZ 75 be it the original or SP01, compact, P01, P06.

I started with a PCR about 10-11 years back, have you noticed how much CZ's have gone up ($$$) in the last few years as there popularity increases? I remember when CDNN had them for $319.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't rule out the CZ52

www.makarov.com_graphics_cz52_S_Cz52f.jpg

It is chambered for the 7.62 X 25 but can be rechambered to 9mm just by changing the barrel.
And it is very reasonable

We are selling one for $375 with extra grips, extra firing pin, mag, holster and 100 rounds of ammo.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JD, is that UBG Striker gun leather? That mahogany looks superb with the Marschals. Very, very nice.

It is indeed a UBG Striker...and since it's IWB, nobody gets to admire it much. Oh well. I know it's there. I am very much a fan of UBG, fast turn around time and I like the way the rigs ride. I have three of them now, and am ordering a Canute for my G26.

Latest posts

Top Bottom