NFL announcers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 82

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't seem to remember anyone calling Elway "John", Marino "Dan" or Montana "Joe". Even Danny was called "White". You could be right though. They may like saying Eli.

John is pretty common as are Dan and Joe in the way of names. They did have Dandy Don & Broadway Joe, The Golden Boy (not a qb), Willy Joe. But i don't recall anyone calling Tarkenton Fran.
It kind of like Elvis. When you say Elvis who thinks of Elvis Peacock?
As for Aikman, I'm not a fan no matter how much he won.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cosell was an icon. But listening to him announce an Ali fight was just too much for the ol' man who didn't care for Ali to begin with. Howard could take a punch like nobodys business!

Last edited by a moderator:

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought John Madden was hilarious, in a sad way. Like maybe they kept him around just because. "Now what the offense really needs is a first down!" Thank you, John. "If the defense can stop this drive, it will really help the team!" That's right, John, good job.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"The team with the most points usually wins the game" was my favorite. That and the time he drew those marker lines on the gatorade jugs during the Super Bowl showing how they were strategically placed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom