NIB Model 19 for under $315

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I made about 10.00 an hour in 1980 as a unionized food clerk in a grocery store. That 19 would have been a week’s pay back then. My very first handgun was a 6.5 blue, service stocks model 19. It was 125.00 at Southwest Shooters. Wife had to buy it for me, I just wasn’t quite old enough yet. I have many nice S& W’s now, but that first one was always special.

Oh man ... I miss SWShooters. Then I miss Bob Howard's, too. Went to my first IDPA match there. Didn't shoot back then -- just watched the folks (who were VERY nice btw) and GC took me out to dinner after. We hadn't been together very long and all this gun stuff was brand spanking new to me. 🤷

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@THAT Gurl I shopped quite a bit at SW Shooters and also hated to see them close the doors......can't recall her name but the skinny cashier gal up front always had a new dirty joke to tell me. :)

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@THAT Gurl I shopped quite a bit at SW Shooters and also hated to see them close the doors......can't recall her name but the skinny cashier gal up front always had a new dirty joke to tell me. :)

Oh YEP!! What WAS her name?!?!? 🤔🤔🤔 I loved her -- she was one of the few women I've met in the world who understood me. We swapped jokes everytime Grumpy and I went in. A couple of times we had the guys blushing HARD ... 😂😂😂

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man ... I miss SWShooters. Then I miss Bob Howard's, too. Went to my first IDPA match there. Didn't shoot back then -- just watched the folks (who were VERY nice btw) and GC took me out to dinner after. We hadn't been together very long and all this gun stuff was brand spanking new to me. 🤷
There was a group of us from Tulsa that traveled to Arcadia to shoot the monthly USPSA match. After shooting that we would head to OKC, eat and kick back for a bit. Then we’d head over to Bob Howard’s and shoot the indoor IDPA match.
After the match it was off to the hood over by the fairgrounds for pizza at the former 7-11 store with the Arab dudes. Great pizza!
Really good times with some good guy’s.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I opened this thread expecting to see a pic of a PSA Dagger!😂😂. ($300ish copy of a Glock 19)

That beautiful revolver was a pleasant surprise.

Just shoot it. I popped the cherry on a Python and a Gen 2 unaired SAA and had no regrets. Just felt kinda sorry for the old guys I got them from who never fired them themselves

Latest posts

Top Bottom