Night sights and laser...redundant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it all depends on the purpose of the weapon. I agree, lasers would be fun to plink with & do add the "cool" factor to your gun. But, if the weapon is a self defense weapon, I'm opposed to them. In a situation where a weapon is being used to save/protect your life, you need to be putting rounds down range into your target and not trying to find your laser hit on the target before firing. Just my thoughts.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lasers are a waste of money. Had a laser max on my glock 32. Its just a gimmick, spend the money on night sights and extra ammo to practice. I will never waste my money again on a laser, other than the one my dog likes to chase around that $5 at Wally. Flame away.

I have to agree with this one. Lasers slow me down. I found that I can have several bullets on target in the time it would take me to locate the dot on the target.

They are good for slow fire and training and teaching trigger control. It helps you see how much a jerk of the trigger will affect the point of aim.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put responders to this thread in 2 catagories. (1) those with 20/20 vision and (2) those without 20/20.

I understand the fact that some people don't have great vision, but if you can't see your front sight or what your threat is then finding the laser is going to be fruitless.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see where a laser would be usefull in odd situations, I plan on getting one for my M&P9c someday, but my carry guns will also get night sights when I get money to blow...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand the fact that some people don't have great vision, but if you can't see your front sight or what your threat is then finding the laser is going to be fruitless.

A lot of older folks have terrible up close vision but have no problem with visual clarity beyond a few feet. Feel blessed if you can see serrations on a front sight. I haven't been able to for a few years now.

Just because something looks like a waste of money for you, doesn't mean it is for someone with different circumstances (says the guy who doesn't have any firearms mounted lasers).

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always felt they'd be good for training (trigger control) or maybe for an entry team but you can see a laser pointing at you and guess when my rounds would be going if I pick it up before your on target. I'll stick with my night sights and as much stealth as I can get in a fire fight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom