Night sights question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bashed1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The brightness of my Trijicons which I just installed on my Glock are guaranteed for 12 years - which is the half-life of the tritium contained in them.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the sights closely. Sometimes the manufacturer puts the date that they were made on them. Estimate about 10-12 years from that date.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some that are just fine after probably 15 years.

The sights start dimming the day they are made and continue dimming till you decide that they are gone. In approximately 12 years the tritium in the lamps is half of what it was the day they were made, at that point I think they are still OK for a few more. Just not as bright as they used to be. I also had a G26 for about 15 years before I replaced them again.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Glock 19 I've had since 1990,it has night sights on it iirc that are at least 15 years old and they're pretty dim.I'm going to replace them.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a top drawer gun should I just plan on buying new sights every 12-15 years? What does that cost?

If you have Trijicon sights you can send your slide in and they will replace the tritium lamps. The cost is about 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of the original sights, about $40 I think. Not sure about other brands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom