No AKs at Gun World Range in Del City

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live out on anderson rd so its just convenient to go there. the only reason i would ever go is for the range and i usually have it all to myself...their prices on guns and ammo crack me up every time. They lost me as a customer forever after this deal and from the looks of things they could use the business.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live out on anderson rd so its just convenient to go there. the only reason i would ever go is for the range and i usually have it all to myself...their prices on guns and ammo crack me up every time. They lost me as a customer forever after this deal and from the looks of things they could use the business.

is every glock still $739? I still lmao every time I think about the guy that said, 'we are the only ones with glocks on the shelves (during the gun/ammo shortage), every gun store is out in okc". Well, I wonder why!! Didn't matter the caliber, gen, etc...$739 for every glock. and sometimes you'd get ...wait for it...2 mags!

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's unfortunate they they suck so bad. I live pretty close and would shoot there, but the store is just unpleasant. They charge 2x H&H's price for the range, they're pretty much all dicks and they will openly lie to make a sale (availability, don't look at x, y is the best, etc.) I'd probably pay the premium to avoid driving across town, but not with the other crap stacked on top. I stopped in when shopping around for pocket .380s, just to fondle a few. The TCP was $100 more than Academy (and everywhere else it's sold) and the Diamondback was $150 more than Bass Pro! I understand small businesses need to charge a little more than big box stores, but $300 for a $200 gun is stupid. It's right up there with the Glock pricing mentioned above. They also tried to push the Diamondback on me after I mentioned liking the Taurus (specifically for the slide lock and positive reviews) I understand sales and recommendations, I used to wait tables, but telling an obviously informed customer "this one is ****, buy the $500 one. BTW, this is the last one I know of in the state, you better hurry" is not the way to build business. I asked the guy what I got for the extra $200, aside from the lack of a slide lock, and his answer was "everyone knows Taurus makes **** guns, this one is just better." At that point, I just said "thanks, buddy" and left. I know Taurus isn't a top tier producer, but the TCP is solid. If someone is going to tell me a gun is crap, they better have a reason why. I'd even settle for "X is just made better, with tighter production standards than Y." I didn't plan on buying and wanted to see how they fit in the hand w/o driving across town, so I got what I needed. All he managed to do was reinforce the reason I won't give them my pennies.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How could there be so many people going there that they continue to be in business? How could people not know about it?

They prey on the young military guys who are getting their first real pay checks.

I stopped in a couple years ago when I got my first AR. They said I could only shoot if I used their ammo, which was $35 for 20 rds if I remember right.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cody, I'm surprised they didn't give you the spill about glock didn't sue diamondback for design and patent infringement because glock actually backs/partners with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom