Norway attacks: Oslo hit by bomb explosion and youths shot at camp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/22/norway-attacks-oslo-bomb-explosion

In what Norwegian police said was a co-ordinated attack, about 700 youth members of the Labour party, some as young as 15, who were holding their annual summer camp on an island of Utoya, a lake west of Oslo, came under fire by a man dressed as a policeman armed with an automatic weapon. According to tweets by people at the event, some children escaped by climbing trees, hiding in the bushes or swimming away from the island. One party youth member tweeted: "We are sitting down by the beach. A man is shooting clothed in a police uniform. Help us! When are the police coming to help us!"

This could certainly happen anywhere, and to any of us, not just Scandinavia. But it's a solemn reminder that we must be ever vigilant and keep our mindset sharp and focused.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have they linked the gun used in the shootings to an Operation the ATF ran trying to track illegal gun sales to the Scandinavian drug cartels?

I had to do a double take on the news story about the shooting. I saw Norway in the title and thought it was a revised bombing story. There are those lurking around every corner waiting to commit evil acts. Hopefully the majority slip up just enough to be caught before they are able to act.

guardiano

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The world is getting crazier and crazier everyday I don't understand the killing of kid's. I agree with the OP we all have to keep sharp and focused. Sad prayers for the departed.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just that on the BBC. Something doesn't makes sense here. 80 people? from a single shooting in a non confined area like a camp ground? I could see maybe up to a dozen or so people, but even with automatic rifles and many spare magazines, how many people can you kill once they start running after the first shots?

I think there was more than one person involved in this.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been watching this all day. Very sad.

MSNBC sure didn't waste any time…

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b375_randy25rhoads_5564044f.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom