Not Hillary, Not Trump--How about anti-gun Libertarian VP candidate William F. Weld?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our Libertarian brothers have made a mistake in selecting Liberals/Progressives to head up their ticket this time. Johnson and Weld are not Libertarian. They're just big government Progressives that couldn't compete against Bernie and Hillary. The Libertarians gave away a huge opportunity this year by not fielding a ticket that was actually . . . Libertarian.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Adam Kokesh is a true libertarian/voluntaryist and is running for NOT president in 2020 on the platform of the peaceful dissolution of the federal government. Sounds good to me. It'll never happen, but it's a nice idea.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our Libertarian brothers have made a mistake in selecting Liberals/Progressives to head up their ticket this time.

If Johnson, with a track record of consistently shrinking government and reducing taxes, is a "big government Progressive", what does that make the Oklahoma Republican Party?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Johnson, with a track record of consistently shrinking government and reducing taxes, is a "big government Progressive", what does that make the Oklahoma Republican Party?
Remind us what New Mexico excels at?

Drug related deaths?
Alcohol related deaths?
Injury related deaths?
Uninsured motorists?
Severe vehicle accidents?
Burglary rates?
Unemployment?
Hunger?
Student loan default rates?
Mental illness?
Police state with some incredibly egregious use of force cases?

I'm all for smaller government, but perhaps he took it a little too far? I'm just trying to recall anything NM is known for on the plus side besides natural resources and I'm drawing a blank. At this point and from what I've heard out of Johnson and Weld's own mouths, I'd vote for Mattress Mary before them, and I can't stand her. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remind us what New Mexico excels at?

Drug related deaths?
Alcohol related deaths?
Injury related deaths?
Uninsured motorists?
Severe vehicle accidents?
Burglary rates?
Unemployment?
Hunger?
Student loan default rates?
Mental illness?
Police state with some incredibly egregious use of force cases?

I'm all for smaller government, but perhaps he took it a little too far? I'm just trying to recall anything NM is known for on the plus side besides natural resources and I'm drawing a blank. At this point and from what I've heard out of Johnson and Weld's own mouths, I'd vote for Mattress Mary before them, and I can't stand her. :(

New Mexico has better elk hunting than Oklahoma. :bolt:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

They are definitely heavily weighted to the RINO side, I'll give you that. The oil money dried up and they suddenly can't find a tax or fee hike they don't like.

But the Johnson/Weld ticket isn't libertarian in the least. Johnson ran as a repub last time around. He lost then, knew he'd lose to them again, and definitely would lose to Hildebeast, so he only has Libertarian left. He's just running where he can run without any competition because that's the only place he can win. I honestly think he'd have done better against Hillary that those that actually did run against her. At least he'd have his principles in common with her and would give the dims a whole lot more TRUSTABLE candidate. Johnson is guilty of talking out both sides of his mouth and saying anything his audience wants to hear, but he's not corrupt like that *****. As it is he's pulling his votes from her, I think had he ran against her he'd have done better than most think and with each passing day I'd give him a better chance if he'd ran against her and THEN went 3rd party.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These 3rd party candidates prove how selfish they are by running for president. They know they have no chance of winning. All they do is take away votes from the people who can actually win. I heard that Johnson was taking votes from Hilary. Don't know if I believe that or not. But I hope it's true.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These 3rd party candidates prove how selfish they are by running for president.

In your view, are third parties supposed to completely fold and allow the Democrats and Republicans to be the only parties at any level of government in the US? The reason third parties field presidential candidates even when the likelihood of winning is slim to none is to maintain ballot access for down ticket candidates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom