Nothing gets wasted on deer harvested

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when anyone harvests a large game animal like a deer. it's my belief one has an obligation to use that animal to the fullest.

butchering a deer is not all that hard to do. skinning, quartering deer then putting up prime cuts is easy. but what to do with all the waste... bones, skin, etc.

answer: recently switched my GSDs to an all meat diet. all of the bones and meat scrap gets fed and/or frozen for later.

deer skin also needs to be utilized by tanning.... but I'm not up on tanning and don't want to get started on yet another project.

solution is craigslist free postings.... post "free fresh deer skin that needs to be picked up right away" gets loads of responses.

deer legs make excellent dog chew toys.....

really proud!!! now almost NOTHING gets wasted on harvested deer.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just going to say - I use the guts to attract coyotes - that pays off directly after I harvest my limit :D

the skins and bones do the same thing, but often it doesn't matter as when they rot out in the woods, they just fertilize the soil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom