NRA Tactical Police Competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to San Antonio Texas last weekend and shot the NRA Tactical Police Competition. It was one of the funnest matches I've shot. Restricted to Law Enforcement and Military only. The prize table was in excess of $20,000.

The scoring pressed accuracy and speed; sorta like IDPA except 2 & 4 seconds down and 10 seconds for a miss. Had to shoot from duty gear and duty weapons. It's a 3 gun match!

Anybody else tried this yet?

The 2010 schedule is coming up. I'm planning on making the trip for these matches. There are a couple in Texas and one in Missouri. Also other states. They even have a National Championship in September at Albuquerque New Mexico.

$35 entry fee and well worth it! picked up a LaRue Tactical Upper at the match. They had more than a few guns on the table.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Doesnt seem to be too sporty; we all know cops cant shoot.

just kidding, this was a very cool match.

Lance, you tore it up!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to San Antonio Texas last weekend and shot the NRA Tactical Police Competition. It was one of the funnest matches I've shot. Restricted to Law Enforcement and Military only. The prize table was in excess of $20,000.

The scoring pressed accuracy and speed; sorta like IDPA except 2 & 4 seconds down and 10 seconds for a miss. Had to shoot from duty gear and duty weapons. It's a 3 gun match!

Anybody else tried this yet?

The 2010 schedule is coming up. I'm planning on making the trip for these matches. There are a couple in Texas and one in Missouri. Also other states. They even have a National Championship in September at Albuquerque New Mexico.

$35 entry fee and well worth it! picked up a LaRue Tactical Upper at the match. They had more than a few guns on the table.

Funny, I was in San Antone last weekend as well! I was there to help run the Honored American Veterans Afield event. Plan to do it again next year (November 13th, 2010). I wouldn't mind trying one of these matches someday though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom