NW OKC place to fish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just north of Brixton Square on Rockwell, there is a big church. There is a parking lot on Rockwell, and though you can't see it from the street, there is a pond with an old sailboat moored in the middle with the church's name on it.

They don't mind if you fish there. There are bluegill and bass, and I saw one giant koi. I wouldn't eat anything from there considering the runoff, but it's fun on occasion.

On the other side of the church (west) there is a much larger pond. Last time I checked it there was lots of moss, but it may be down for the winter. Church maintenance guy said there are good bass there. It is hard to fish. High banks, lots of weeds, but a determined and fit person could probably do okay. Good access from the dam.

It's only a couple of miles from my house, and If I need a quick fix I take an ultralight spinner or a fly rod. Years ago (20 or so) I caught a few bass in the four pound range there. Didn't fish it for many years, and then bought a house close by. Recently everything has been small, but there seems to be a lot of them. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't live in the big city but when visiting there, I see all of these retention ponds to control run-off that look like a great place to fly fish as they have the sides mowed, etc.
Didn't know if it would be OK to fish them.

nmokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just north of Brixton Square on Rockwell, there is a big church. There is a parking lot on Rockwell, and though you can't see it from the street, there is a pond with an old sailboat moored in the middle with the church's name on it.

They don't mind if you fish there. There are bluegill and bass, and I saw one giant koi. I wouldn't eat anything from there considering the runoff, but it's fun on occasion.

On the other side of the church (west) there is a much larger pond. Last time I checked it there was lots of moss, but it may be down for the winter. Church maintenance guy said there are good bass there. It is hard to fish. High banks, lots of weeds, but a determined and fit person could probably do okay. Good access from the dam.

It's only a couple of miles from my house, and If I need a quick fix I take an ultralight spinner or a fly rod. Years ago (20 or so) I caught a few bass in the four pound range there. Didn't fish it for many years, and then bought a house close by. Recently everything has been small, but there seems to be a lot of them. CB

I had a church in Moore that I used to go fishing at just to scratch the itch. They now have signs posted that you have to go to the office and purchase a permit! Never saw more than 3 people there at a time and usually kids or guys with their sons.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drive by there daily at least. I must try it. We bought a lot in Cobblestone park. We caught a 15 pound cat from the backyard! :clap3: Large bass in there as well. Can't wait to build a house there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom