Obama Care ROCKS!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quite the opposite. Government regulations are what got the few but powerful insurance companies in power and crushed their competition.

Are you implying that government over-regulation of insurance/health industry lead to monopolies? Either you never dealt with it, or lived most of your life on government insurance.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you implying that government over-regulation of insurance/health industry lead to monopolies? Either you never dealt with it, or lived most of your life on government insurance.

That's why there are tons of smaller private-owned companies providing insurance and producing medication. That's strange, there used to be. I wonder what happened in the last 15 or so years (wait, wasn't healthcare in the US way better 15 years ago?).

I'm not talking about regulations as to what insurance companies should/should-not cover, I'm talking about financial and audit regulations that force smaller companies into a corner so their larger counterparts can step in and either crush them or buy them outright. Look at the number of regulatory laws passed in the last 20 years and compare that to the number of smaller companies vs. near-monopoly mega-corporations from 20 years ago vs. today.

Those laws came directly from lobbyists and those lobbyists didn't come from smaller companies (not if the mega-companies could afford better yachts, strippers, and golf-courses - and I'm guessing they could).

Latest posts

Top Bottom