Occupy Norman protest on June 9th story with pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Occupy Norman story with pictures.

A sample to whet your appetite:

Lauren Patton, Undergraduate Student Congress budget committee chair and political science and criminology senior, took to the podium twice during the open public comment segment to voice her opposition to the city’s new budget plan which, if passed, would increase police funding she says the NPD doesn’t need.

“I really don't think that there's any circumstance — and I've talked to a lot of my peers about this and tried to ask them about a personal time that they or a family member has interacted with the police and needed a weapon — and there's not a singular one,” Patton said after the meeting. “They’re killing people and they’re not helping people so why would we give them money?”

http://www.oudaily.com/news/ou-sga-...cle_39588b82-aad8-11ea-be62-ab97ba6bb044.html

http://www.oudaily.com/gallery/norm...n_902b3324-aac4-11ea-a684-9314b0371a4f.html#1

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like about 30 people promoting defunding the Norman Police Department and 6 or so counter protestors. If that's the worst storm Norman has to weather they should count their blessings!
The quotation above is quite telling - "No one I know has ever needed armed police".....Wow is this mind numbing! "I've never seen an armed robbery or a murder so who needs armed police?" Stupid is as stupid does.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've sort of figured out the issue of all the demnstratins and rioting. The Democrats are going to try and milk the demonstration and run them into Nov-the election. The are nurturing and fostering this "systemic racism" for their own benefit and to the fullest advantage in order to remain in power. Racism is power and money and they want to give neither up easily. As such, they have convinced the younger Blacks of the race problem in this country. However it is far less of a problem than the Democrats will acknowledge to the persuaded demonstrators and the bottom line is that they want to keep these voters on their side as they have for decades fostering the lie of "systemic racism." It is nonexistent except within the halls of congress.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know any intelligent person who has ever asked a college undergraduate for advice on a matter of some importance. They are all too busy scheming to save the world to think about anything serious.

There's a lot of truth in that. I look back on younger me and cringe sometimes. Kids are pretty stupid, and kids are remaining kids longer into their twenties these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom