OCR&GC Steel Challenge Sat. Nov. 21st

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMF223

Marksman
Reaction score
Oil Capital Steel Challenge is coming up Saturday the 21st of November. We start signin at 9:30am, walk through at 10:00am and setup starts at 7:00am for anyone that can help. Come out and have fun with us shooting those white plates. I seen in Front Sight Mag. there were some new world records set on Outer Limits, Roundabout, Showdown and Accelerator. Come on out and see how close we can get to the new record scores, there only a second or two faster than us.
Stan F.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is possible to shoot 2 divisons, sometimes 3. Yes, it is a lot of shooting; take 250 rounds per division. The match runs pretty quick.

Safety is well taken care of; we have a number of IDPA and USPSA certified SO/RO's who participate.

For Steel Challenge official rules go to: http://steelchallenge.com/ Oil Capital conducts SCSA sanctioned matches. The stages are set up exactly to official standards.

All divisions (except rimfire) require a holster. "Iron" means metallic open sights.

Rimfire has two divisions; iron and optic. Other center fire divisions include: Open Revolver, Iron Revolver, USPSA Limited, IDPA CDP, IDPA SSP, IDPA ESP.

We shoot an additional rimfire division; carbine.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the answer I was looking for! I was wanting to shoot irons, rimfire, and possibly rimfire carbine... thank you very much for you help!

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oil Capital Steel Challenge is coming up Saturday the 21st of November. We start signin at 9:30am, walk through at 10:00am and setup starts at 7:00am for anyone that can help. Come out and have fun with us shooting those white plates. I seen in Front Sight Mag. there were some new world records set on Outer Limits, Roundabout, Showdown and Accelerator. Come on out and see how close we can get to the new record scores, there only a second or two faster than us.
Stan F.

How many stages? How many minimum rounds?

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bunch of us from OKC drove out and shot this match today. Everyone had a great time shooting steel today!!! Several of us are fortunate enough shoot a couple matches a month at Oil Captial and it's always a great time. I would like to thank everyone involved with putting this one on. Thanks Guys!

Also many thanks to Jeff Soward for his help in keeping our squad running smoothly today, couldn't have done it without your help.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bunch of us from OKC drove out and shot this match today. Everyone had a great time shooting steel today!!! Several of us are fortunate enough shoot a couple matches a month at Oil Captial and it's always a great time. I would like to thank everyone involved with putting this one on. Thanks Guys!

Also many thanks to Jeff Soward for his help in keeping our squad running smoothly today, couldn't have done it without your help.

Man, I was just glad to join in and I had alot of fun. It was very cool and I'm in on the next one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom