Oil Cap IDPA Dec 26 Saturday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oil Capital IDPA’s next match falls on Saturday December 26th. It should be a great opportunity to get out of the house for a few hours and loose some rounds at cardboard targets. We’ll have 6 stages for around 100 required rounds. Match fee will be $12 ($10 for OCR&GC members). Set-up commences at 7:30, sign-in at 9:30 and walk-thru at 10 AM.

For location: http://www.badlandsidpa.com/

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever weather happens on Thursday and Friday won't have an effect on Saturday's IDPA match. The gravel bays will dry out quickly, to provide safe, comfortable conditions. The weather, while chilly, will be an improvement over late week's conditions. The toasty-warm range building will be open, with flush bathrooms and all.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reports at noon today (Friday) are of 8-10” snow on level ground in the East Broken Arrow / Coweta area, per my source residing about 3 miles from Oil Capital. The Blizzard of ’09 will be remembered for a long time.

Choice #1: it will take me all Christmas afternoon to clear the access road and the ranges with a big tractor; I’ve done it before. Tomorrow morning will start at 17 degrees and end at maybe 31; likely actually colder with all the snow on the ground.

Choice #2: I can spend this Christmas afternoon with my family, some from Kansas and Illinois. The Christmas season and time spent with family I seldom see wins out.

I am opting for Choice #2 and canceling tomorrow’s match. See you January 23rd!

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Whatever weather happens on Thursday and Friday won't have an effect on Saturday's IDPA match. The gravel bays will dry out quickly, to provide safe, comfortable conditions. The weather, while chilly, will be an improvement over late week's conditions. The toasty-warm range building will be open, with flush bathrooms and all.

Famous next to the last words:homer:

Absolutely the correct decision though.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Famous next to the last words:homer:

Absolutely the correct decision though.

I don't think any of us were expecting the blizzard that we got.

In past years, during protracted cold periods, I've cleared roads, park lots and ranges a day or two before a match. We've shot on dry ranges those times, the better to beat a case of cabin fever. This snow event had lousy timing, not allowing enough days before the match to correct the white stuff's mischief.

Latest posts

Top Bottom