Ok...a lil' help puh-leeze!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was sitting and looking thru my CDNN catalog again today. Just like I have been every single day for the last three or four weeks now. Staring at the coach gun I am fixin' to order. :w000t:

Well...I started reading the "fine print" on this coach gun along with the "fine print" on a few other scatterguns thruout the catalog and I noticed something. The ad for the Remington I'm getting says it has "extractors" while some of the other SxS and a couple of the other O/U shotguns had "auto ejectors." :scratch:

Now...I know what an "auto ejector" is. It's when you break it open, it sends one or both hulls, depending on if you shot one or both barrels, soaring into the air like a homesick angel. But...exactly what is an "extractor" on a SxS scattergun? :anyone:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't hold me to this, but I think that extractors just pull them out a little instead of sending them flying. It's been many a year since I shot that ole SxS my friend's dad had.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cjjt is correct. The extractors just pull the shells out sorta like a revolver extractor does. They come out just enough. Auto ejectors launch them out like an auto loader would.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The big benefit of extrators to ejectors is lost on most people who don't reload thier shotgun shells. At some skeet and trap ranges it's frowned on to pick up shells. So the extractor allows you to pull them and put them in your pocket. Plus no searching in the tall grass for them either if you're out in the field hunting birdies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom