Okay I'm declaring war!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Bengal spray around the base boards and in cracks around window seals also..This is 2.0% Permethrin How come that word is not in Google dictionary..Google sucks!

That and Ortho bug be gone max around the outside..water it in ..I chassed all my ants to the neighbors house.

Something a little less evasive is vinegar water...and something they hate is cinnamon.

I like ants in my veggie garden though.
Just not in the house...
Keep all open soda cans outside...clean counter tops all the time..clean your spills and ants usually will not invade the area.
Boric acid in a sugar water base works well
I have laid a line of boric acid on the floor inside my walls before i hang the sheetrock.
A small line of it at the very back of the cabinets works well also....Do not put it on grass as it will kill it.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tempo works well. Or tall star (a cheaper version of tempo) also you can use corn meal near their mounds. It constipated them and they die. Doesn't take much and quite effective.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went though this. I used Bayer Advanced Home Pest PLUS Germ killer. Kills them on contact. I sprayed all my base boards, joints, door jams, window seals, floor transitions, etc. They were cut down 95% in the first 12 hours, by 36 hours all were dead. I haven't seen any more, nor heard the wife complain about them anymore either. I used that on the inside and outside of door's and window's.

I use Spectracide in concentrate form, and mix in sprayer for the outside. I mix it a little stronger than the directions, and also add in either weed killer, or grass killer into it as well, depending on where I'm spraying. I generally only have to spray outside the house once and year, and inside once. This is the first time I've ever had anything make it in the house, too.

Outside:
http://www.amazon.com/Spectracide-T...8&qid=1399909263&sr=1-10&keywords=spectracide

Inside:
http://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Advance...qid=1399909451&sr=1-3&keywords=bayer+advanced

You should be able to get both and Lowes/Home Depot/Ace Hardward

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything you buy at HD or Lowes will be on average 5 to 20 times less concentrated than pro strength chemicals bought online. You'll get better performance and more quantity for similar $. Just a thought.

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

Last edited:

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything you buy at HD or Lowes will be on average 500 to 2000 times less concentrated than pro strength chemicals bought online. You'll get better performance and more quantity for similar $. Just a thought.

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

How do you know if what you are buying is "pro strength" or just made for the normal consumer (like you were saying about HD or Lowes?)?

Danwm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there are many things out there to kill ants,but DE is 100% safe even though it takes a little longer it last for a long time and is safe for animals and kids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom