Okay which one of you guys was this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its against the law to mail(export) gun parts without the proper license and paperwork.
Customs in foreign countries open the packages.
If he just gets nailed by the U.S. he's lucky.
He could get extradited to some crappy 3rd world prison.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-man-pleads-guilty-to-illegally-mailing-weaponry/article/3750096

MUSKOGEE — A man who Oklahoma prosecutors say illegally mailed gun parts in a packaged labeled to indicate it had a toy display inside has pleaded guilty to making a false customs declaration.

The U.S. Attorney's Office said Monday that 41-year-old James Edward Wages of Glendale, Ariz., had mailed a sniper rifle barrel, a Marine Corps technical manual and other weaponry. Investigators say the package was labeled to show it contained an “Airsoft Toys Display.”

Sentencing is pending. Wages faces up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

Prosecutors say Wages made a false claim on a customs declaration with the Postal Service.

I think this is the key. There are some military related firearms and accessories/parts that you can't ship internationally.

http://pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar_official.html

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its against the law to mail(export) gun parts without the proper license and paperwork.

I'm with Mr. ed There is quite a bit of stuff that is illegal to mail outside the USA. Especially if it is military in nature. For example I don't think you can mail a user manual for Gen 3 NV outside the USA

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think that once you are in your home country you are safe from other country's extradition requests absent treaties to the contrary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom