OKC Fairgrounds Gun Show - 4/5 Jan; Grand American Arms Show - any OSAers going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left at 12:30, sorry I didn't see you. Walked around, about the only deal I would want was a nice Model '97 shotgun. Looked like it had been reblued and had a cracked stock...but was in great shape for cowboy action shooting.

The Son's of Confederacy..or something like that wanted me to join. I made mention I didn't need to join and re-enact, my family had been in several battles( Battle of Chickamauga and Battle of Pea Ridge and several others) and I just didn't want to play confederate.....;)

Sorry I missed you, hope you had a good time!! I didn't go eat my Southside Mexican food(Menudo and Buche), I went to Capitol Hill area and had a couple of coneys...
cdn2.newsok.biz_cache_r620_d0004c26cb6a6cadb1de09a1fa49a148.jpg

[Broken External Image]

Next time for sure!!!

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Entry price was $14.00 but there are various discounts and coupons including 50% off for veterans, I paid $7.00. It was worth $7.00, $14.00 is a call only you can make.

The show was reasonably well filled, I'd estimate that 80% of the advertised 1200 tables were occupied. Two islands were occupied by Tupperware and highly blingy bags for women (each occupied separate islands 50% - the other 50% being empty).

I think I counted 5 or 6 major vendors (including Rijas) and several smaller ones along with a sprinkling of private collectors. Prices were gun show standard - I.e. marked up high but with some wiggle room if you had cash or a sought after trade item.

One dealer seemed to specialize in civil war/older relics and uniform items.
I also saw one vendor with prepper type supplies on the East side of the show.

There were at least two complete islands of mil-surp gear and a guy with a bunch of amusing zombie-themed items.

Overall: lots of new/modern pistols, revolvers, and ARs (ARs had some decent prices hidden amidst the haggle fodder). However, I thought the private collectors and traders were a little thin, perhaps still gun shy from the last few months? Maybe still hung over from the New Year?

phwillie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was there @ opening and was a bit disappointed with number of vendors. Lots of empty tables and several still covered @ 11 when I left. Didn't seem to be nearly as full as this show usually is. Prices, except for 22 lr, seemed about on par as shows past.
Ken

Latest posts

Top Bottom