OKC's Anthem Beer/Brewery???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All.....

The other day my wife had me take her to Urban Farmhouse on South Western and 4th street-ish area.

I stayed in my vehicle half asleep and listening to Sirrius/XM. When she finished shopping I woke up and we drove off.

***I thought I saw a small brewery....Anthem Brewery and thought to myself....Anthem Beer??? Never heard of it, never sampled it, nor have I taken a tour of the brewery.

So.........has anyone tried it? If so, what style do you like and how do you rate it?

Going to try some this weekend(if the weather is good) at Mcnellies or swing by the brewery and see if they sell growlers.

ABC_Twitter_Avatar.jpg
scontent.cdninstagram.com_t51.2885_15_s480x480_e35_c109.0.861.2ecd9272ec1e20b90a1c0e3c09673a0c.jpg
http://www.anthembrewing.com/beers

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...ved=0ahUKEwi8p7uIzbbRAhXGwFQKHRS7Ct8QoioIazAO

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't tried Anthem but am glad to see more local graft breweries popping up and will have to check it out. If you like IPAs, Coop's F5 (OKC brewery) is outstanding. But really, are there any bad graft beers?

HarveyDanger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When anthem first started, and with their original brewmaster and founder, they showed a lot of potential and their beer was pretty good.

In the last couple years everything they have made has been lackluster in my opinion. It's sad seeing a brewery with such potential flounder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the same peeps I think. Their product is okay. Just okay. Everything kinda has a same taste. Their service is a little wanting. I've spent quite a bit of money at UFD and am surprised at the clique type atmosphere there.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As stated, Anthem was showing some major progress, and had some pretty sought after barrel aged beers at one time. But their brewmaster bounced...

Also check out Roughtail in Midwest City. They tend to do very hoppy beers though, which I like, but some don't. I would gladly do a beer exchange with someone so I could get Roughtail Hoptometrist and 12th round. MMMMMmmmmm.
There is also Elk City, but I don't think he's got a visitable site yet, pretty sure he's still doing contract brewing through Choc in Krebs.

Of course there is Prairie in Krebs/Tulsa (but available all over). Their stuff is all very ambitious and well known, and comes with the price to back it up...
Marshall is based out of Tulsa as well. Their "Big Jamoke" porter is damn good, but not available all over.

But really, are there any bad graft beers?
Sometimes.. We've got a brewery down here (and we have a freaking lot) called "Strangeland". They are struggling a bit. Everything is inconsistent. Try it one time, pretty good. Try it another time, whoa! what is that?! Their stuff is usually marked down like 30-50% in stores to try to move it vs all the other local beers.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As stated, Anthem was showing some major progress, and had some pretty sought after barrel aged beers at one time. But their brewmaster bounced...

Also check out Roughtail in Midwest City. They tend to do very hoppy beers though, which I like, but some don't. I would gladly do a beer exchange with someone so I could get Roughtail Hoptometrist and 12th round. MMMMMmmmmm.
There is also Elk City, but I don't think he's got a visitable site yet, pretty sure he's still doing contract brewing through Choc in Krebs.

Of course there is Prairie in Krebs/Tulsa (but available all over). Their stuff is all very ambitious and well known, and comes with the price to back it up...
Marshall is based out of Tulsa as well. Their "Big Jamoke" porter is damn good, but not available all over.

Sometimes.. We've got a brewery down here (and we have a freaking lot) called "Strangeland". They are struggling a bit. Everything is inconsistent. Try it one time, pretty good. Try it another time, whoa! what is that?! Their stuff is usually marked down like 30-50% in stores to try to move it vs all the other local beers.
Will have to check out Roughtail. Really like the hoppy beers. I've sampled several of Marshall's but they tend to be very pricey and not special enough to make me want to pay the premium. Coop's F5 is the exception and is on tap in most places in Tulsa as well as available in stores.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anthem Golden One and Arjuna are damn good beers. Their little IPA and Oktoberfest was decent too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom