Oklahoma City police chief laments criminals' access to military-style guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Citty said he'd like to see the law changed to make it harder for criminals to get such weapons and easier for police to trace them."

This has nothing to do with Lawson or her shooter.
Then they follow it up with some factual errors... wow.

"Citty said he supports an individual's right to own a gun, but he sees no practical reason why someone needs an AR-15 or similar weapon."

What a "moran."

I agree. There is no practical reason to have a cd player in your car, but I bet most people do not want me to take it out. I see no practical reason wy half of the LEOs I pass on the road everyday are talking on cell phones while they drive, but they do. "Not a shot at LEOs" I am glad you are out there, and I am very glad she is ok.
They need to make an example out of this "criminal", so that the next guy will think twice. I just hate the "practical" thing. I see so many things everyday with no practical reason. There is no practical reason for me to put :hot: on my post, but I can.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Police chiefs and sheriffs are basically political animals that will spout the politically-correct line more times than not. This should not surprise anybody.

Tele-Caster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this clown really "sees no practical reason" for the private ownership of an AR-15, then I suspect he really doesn't understand the clear meaning, intent, and purpose of the Constitution that he took an oath to uphold, protect, and defend.

If he doesn't understand the law, he's got no business enforcing it. Period.

I thought I was leaving this kind of hyperignorant thinking behind when I escaped the People's Republic of Kalifornia.

Reckon not.......

T-C

Braggs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Police chiefs and sheriffs are basically political animals that will spout the politically-correct line more times than not. This should not surprise anybody.

Yes, this. I'd also like to add they're picking people that have an impression of authority. The police chief only has authority over the LEOs in a supervisory position but they make it sound like he has authority over civilians just because of his assigned title.

Braggs

Reaction score
But what he's saying is NOT politically correct round these parts. So point is, he's an idiot AND directly contrary to the will of the majority. Can't think of a better candidate for ouster anywhere in the country; can't think of a politician more out of line with his constituents in recent memory. This guy is a certifiable vaginal cleanser receptacle.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But what he's saying is NOT politically correct round these parts. So point is, he's an idiot AND directly contrary to the will of the majority. Can't think of a better candidate for ouster anywhere in the country; can't think of a politician more out of line with his constituents in recent memory. This guy is a certifiable vaginal cleanser receptacle.

You do not have a proper understanding of what he sees as his "constitutency". #1, since he is not elected, he has no true "constituency", not even the cops he leads. #2, he is spouting what he sees as ensuring his continuance in a job that is decided by other political animals, the OKC City Council. If the Council made it clear to him that his career dissipation light is directly linked to this issue, then the douchebaggery would come to an end. The only way they take that position is if the OKC electorate makes that clear to the Council. Fairly simple, eh?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But what he's saying is NOT politically correct round these parts.

An observation:

To the "ZOMG PC SPEAK!" crowd, it's only politically correct if it is incorrect according to their own politics regardless of if it is correct with regard to the surrounding political climate.

In other words, people have wrongly equated "politically correct" with "I disagree with them".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom