Oklahoma Law Regarding Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And why doe we have retarded laws? Yep, they're made by the retarded politicians WE vote into office. :(

Laws that were passed by politicians elected long before I came along..sadly the ones I help send there are just as worthless. Yet I still vote...

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have been looking over some automatic knives I could carry in lieu of my smaller spring assisted pocket knife when I felt the need to carry it. Anyone familiar with the law regarding these? My understanding is that automatics require some kind of permit (maybe), but spring-assisted don't? The small lockblade I carry for every day use is spring assisted; what would I need to do to legally carry a larger automatic, and is it OK to carry a larger spring assisted knife? Why the discrepancy between "auto" and "assisted"?

According to 21-1272 (I think that's right) it's not unlawful to carry if:

2. The carrying or use of weapons in a manner otherwise permitted by statute or authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.

Does that fall under the CCW?

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry upon or about his or her person, or in a purse or other container belonging to the person, any pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle whether loaded or unloaded or any dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife, switchblade knife, spring-type knife, sword cane, knife having a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife, blackjack, loaded cane, billy, hand chain, metal knuckles, or any other offensive weapon, whether such weapon be concealed or unconcealed, except this section shall not prohibit:

Latest posts

Top Bottom