Oklahoma made whiskey..Scissortail Distillery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read somewhere that there are are only a half-dozen or so distilleries in the country, and that most labels are just bottlers blending from them in various proportion. Has anybody actually toured Scissortail's operation?

It's a legit distillery. It is located (or was I haven't kept up with it) in a business park in Moore near North 27th and I-35. There are actually two Distillers there.

The original marketed Twister Vodka. It was owned by one of the Janko family. About 3 years ago he sold the Vodka operation to another gentleman. Twister brought in someone from Tito's and now market under Success. I don't remember if they are running under other labels.

Janko started another distillery nearby focusing on Bourbon, Rum, and Whisky.

Shortly after Twister changed hands, there was a fire at the distillery, but they went right back into operation.

Some of my details may be fuzzy, but there are plenty of newsok articles out there on it.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a legit distillery. It is located (or was I haven't kept up with it) in a business park in Moore near North 27th and I-35. There are actually two Distillers there.

The original marketed Twister Vodka. It was owned by one of the Janko family. About 3 years ago he sold the Vodka operation to another gentleman. Twister brought in someone from Tito's and now market under Success. I don't remember if they are running under other labels.

Janko started another distillery nearby focusing on Bourbon, Rum, and Whisky.

Shortly after Twister changed hands, there was a fire at the distillery, but they went right back into operation.

Some of my details may be fuzzy, but there are plenty of newsok articles out there on it.
Thanks for the update.

Latest posts

Top Bottom