Oklahoma ranked 30th best state for Gun owners by G&A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have issues with this ranking myself. The last time I checked, Arizona didn't have stand-your-ground protection. I keep remembering the guy who was attacked on the trail by the dog, then attacked by the owner. The prosecutor convinced the jury that the victim could have retreated. The case was overturned on appeal after the victim had served several years in prison.

And, living in Missouri I know for a fact that Missouri has no stand-your-ground statute nor any self-defense immunity protection. God help you if you have to defend yourself in Jackson County or St. Louis. Prosecutors in both places salivate at the thought of getting one of us in their clutches.
Didn't know this about Missouri. I spend a lot of time there fishing. Sounds like I need to do some reading on their regs.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do. Missouri has a Castle Doctrine, but no stand-your-ground. However, in the places you are likely to fish I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's the urban areas that are the problem--problem political elites, and problem thugs who may push you into the clutches of the problem political elites. If you are trout fishing on Lake Taneycomo, you are in friendly territory.

airpowmech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Oklahoma was ranked right but Pennsylvania should have been way higher, their only negative is their license being recognized.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before you kick Oklahoma too hard I suggest you read Andrew Branca's book (http://lawofselfdefense.com/ ) in order to understand how things really work in the criminal justice pipeline, and especially how self-defense immunity and stand-your-ground help you in establishing a valid claim of self-defense that the court will actually allow. Especially important in Oklahoma is to remember that stand-your-ground only protects those who are not engaged in illegal activity. Think of all the things that are illegal today.

Being able to carry a gun legally, which is what the Guns & Ammo article focuses on is only one important aspect. More important is what happens to you should you be forced to defend yourself. in that aspect i rank Oklahoma in the top five.

Latest posts

Top Bottom