Okshooters Trout Fishing Trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where we fishing??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, I gotta ask. What gives here in OK? I went to Bass Pro and Academy here in Tulsa, and no one carries plastic trout worms? Is it just a "local shop at the river" thing?

Even HellMart at home carries them, granted we have a trout hatchery and Roaring River State Park, but I'm pretty sure I can get them at Bass Pro Springfield. . .

Or is trout fishing just NOT as popular as this forum makes it sound around here?

I see em at BP in Broken Arrow all the time. Have you asked an associate? Sometimes they hide random things...

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see em at BP in Broken Arrow all the time. Have you asked an associate? Sometimes they hide random things...

Yeah I asked them and he told me all they had was Powerbait. I went through all the aisles 2 or 3 times just to make sure before I asked too, and no go. They got some stuff that's small, but not Lucky Lady or Luck-E-Strike trout worms or anything similar. Like above though, I found my bag o worms so I might try heading out to Pretty Water tomorrow just for practice!

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I asked them and he told me all they had was Powerbait. I went through all the aisles 2 or 3 times just to make sure before I asked too, and no go. They got some stuff that's small, but not Lucky Lady or Luck-E-Strike trout worms or anything similar. Like above though, I found my bag o worms so I might try heading out to Pretty Water tomorrow just for practice!

all i use is the powerbait trout worms. i have never used the other ones. usually because 95% of the time i bait. but when i do river fish i use everything but bait, then resort to it for worst case! who all is planning on attending?

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once again, it is Saturday Feb 8th at Lower Illinois River.

feb 8th is a tuesday... you mean feb. 5th? the first page said it was going to be jan 8th then i think everyone decided on feb. 5th.. we probably need to get another thread and get a set date, time, etc. and a list of who all is planning on attending. just a thought and any imput is welcomed as i have never fished the LIR and do not know where to meet or even how to find it. numer 100 postage!!!

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
feb 8th is a tuesday... you mean feb. 5th? the first page said it was going to be jan 8th then i think everyone decided on feb. 5th.. we probably need to get another thread and get a set date, time, etc. and a list of who all is planning on attending. just a thought and any imput is welcomed as i have never fished the LIR and do not know where to meet or even how to find it. numer 100 postage!!!

+1 on an attendance thread. This one has gotten pretty long and drawn out. I certainly plan on attending though! I haven't ever been to the LIR, so I'm just interested in going there for the first time really.

On a side note, I'll post what I caught here in a little bit!

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where are you planning on going? I usually fish at the Mar-Val trout camp, but would love to be shown some better spots. I've never had any luck trout fishing, probably because my tackle was too big. Last time I was there I had bites all day long but the only hooks I had were too big. The guys next to me reeled in three or four fish in just a few minutes. I got some nice small hooks now though and some 4lb line.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where are you planning on going? I usually fish at the Mar-Val trout camp, but would love to be shown some better spots. I've never had any luck trout fishing, probably because my tackle was too big. Last time I was there I had bites all day long but the only hooks I had were too big. The guys next to me reeled in three or four fish in just a few minutes. I got some nice small hooks now though and some 4lb line.

idk i have never fished the LIR before. any tips would be cool, i also dont know where to even go to find the place... i guess i could mapquest it or google it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom