Okshooters Trout Fishing Trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where we fishing??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had to revive this. I am definitely planning on attending, just have to remember to bring my good rod and reel back from MO!

Are you a fly fisherman? I would bring a spinning rod too if you come to the fishing trip. Fly fishing has been tough for me the last few times I've been out with the last sunday in December only landing two fish. This past sunday I landed 6 and missed several so It was some better. I'm just not having days like I did earlier in the year last year. Water has been between 45- 52 degrees lately.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you a fly fisherman? I would bring a spinning rod too if you come to the fishing trip. Fly fishing has been tough for me the last few times I've been out with the last sunday in December only landing two fish. This past sunday I landed 6 and missed several so It was some better. I'm just not having days like I did earlier in the year last year. Water has been between 45- 52 degrees lately.

Nope. Although I'd like to eventually learn fly fishing, I'm a spinning rod fisherman only right now.

I think I'm going to head down to Sapulpa tomorrow and get my Sapulpa license and hit Pretty Water, providing I can find my trout gear. If I left it all in MO at my folks I guess I might still make the drive.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bait fisherman are doing okay on the Lower Illinois. My buddy use a spinning rod with a certain rapala that those rainbows love. He has been catching more than me lately using his spinning gear. He doesn't have the patience to fly fish all the time, he was putting power balls on his fly rod the other day. He said it was time to cheat.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, I gotta ask. What gives here in OK? I went to Bass Pro and Academy here in Tulsa, and no one carries plastic trout worms? Is it just a "local shop at the river" thing?

Even HellMart at home carries them, granted we have a trout hatchery and Roaring River State Park, but I'm pretty sure I can get them at Bass Pro Springfield. . .

Or is trout fishing just NOT as popular as this forum makes it sound around here?

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, I gotta ask. What gives here in OK? I went to Bass Pro and Academy here in Tulsa, and no one carries plastic trout worms? Is it just a "local shop at the river" thing?

Even HellMart at home carries them, granted we have a trout hatchery and Roaring River State Park, but I'm pretty sure I can get them at Bass Pro Springfield. . .

Or is trout fishing just NOT as popular as this forum makes it sound around here?

i have had no problems finding them... bass pro in okc has em, and wally world too!! might not be that popular state wide but that is why there is a thread on it so we can find fellow anglers and hook up and eat some TROUT!!!!:spaghetti:

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have had no problems finding them... bass pro in okc has em, and wally world too!! might not be that popular state wide but that is why there is a thread on it so we can find fellow anglers and hook up and eat some TROUT!!!!:spaghetti:

That's crazy. I really figured I'd have no problem finding them at Bass Pro here, with several trout fishing locations nearby and MO trout fishing just over the border. I honestly figured you guys would have more trouble getting them.

Well, I think I have 2 bags of them somewhere, just gotta determine the where for the some.

Edit: Crisis averted. Found my worms where they shouldn't have been. In a tackle box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom