Omega Summer Blue Collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the first release in a long time that has sparked my interest! Actually after researching Omega and the Seamaster Collection feel that Rolex should be compared to Omega, not Omega to Rolex. Bottom line, assuming all these wristwatches in the Summer Blue collection cost the same and could be sold for the same price, which one would you choose?

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/precision-at-every-level/
Apologies for the wonky website, precision COSC and META certified watches, website not so much...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The World Timer looks cool, but of the bunch I'd opt for the Seamaster 300. Clean, elegant, precise.

Unfortunately that would fall into the ultra-luxury purchase category for me. I'd sooner get one of Dan308's stunning folders.

The only watch I'm intrigued enough by right now to consider putting my money where my eyes are, is the Garmin quatix 7X Solar Edition. Something about a watch that will help me control my sonar, chartplotter, trolling motor and sound system, speaks my language. :)

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/818345#specs

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The World Timer looks cool, but of the bunch I'd opt for the Seamaster 300. Clean, elegant, precise.

Unfortunately that would fall into the ultra-luxury purchase category for me. I'd sooner get one of Dan308's stunning folders.

The only watch I'm intrigued enough by right now to consider putting my money where my eyes are, is the Garmin quatix 7X Solar Edition. Something about a watch that will help me control my sonar, chartplotter, trolling motor and sound system, speaks my language. :)

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/818345#specs

I want to love smartwatches, but my cell and tablet experience with obsolescence has given me much, much much hesitation to buy one. If I were to get one though that would be on my list.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to love smartwatches, but my cell and tablet experience with obsolescence has given me much, much much hesitation to buy one. If I were to get one though that would be on my list.
My current “smartwatch” is a Suunto. I kinda like that it’s not all that smart, but gives me outdoor information that I want when I’m actually outdoors.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My current “smartwatch” is a Suunto. I kinda like that it’s not all that smart, but gives me outdoor information that I want when I’m actually outdoors.
I really see no reason that a smart watch can’t also be mechanical-the same winding mechanism that cranks on the spring can turn a micro sized dynamo and supplement the battery. It would be the best of both worlds-which Swiss manufacturer can build the best charge/maintain complication

Latest posts

Top Bottom