Any Bowyer’s here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Any body need some bois d’arc trunks?
I’m getting ready to cut some trees down in the next couple of months. Curious if anyone makes bows and would like a couple. Approximately 8 to 10 inches in diameter and even bigger. I haven’t measured for sure yet. I could send a couple of pics if you’re interested. I have plenty on our property to cut in the future so let me know.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don’t know how many we have cut down over the last 25 years but we just drag them to a burn pile and then set them on fire when the conditions are right. Here’s a picture from the last one on April 4th. It was about half cedar trees also, hence the black smoke.
IMG_6771.png

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As a kid i planted untold number of Bois'd'Arc post and had to dig the holes by hand and dads rule was whatever is sticking out of the ground it has to be that much in the ground on corners, line post had to be 3 ft in ground not a inch less.
And after 50+ yrs some of the corners and line post are still standing and doing their job to this day.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sitting around a campfire of Osage logs will almost boil your piss. That stuff burns like it’s angry.

That’s generous offer on the wood, too. I’m not a bowyer at present, but I do have a stave or two put back, otherwise I’d get some from you.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It does throw a lot of sparks, had a freind and ex fire cheif put some in his fireplace and didnt set the screen back and he had to replace all the carpet in that room. He knew better but got distracted and forgot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom